Johan Brooks is a documentary and street photographer based out of Tokyo, Japan. He was born in the UK, grew up in NYC, and eventually found his way to Japan where he has been living for over 10 years. He is a member of the VoidTokyo photography collective.
His photography has been exhibited in galleries in Tokyo, Italy, and the US where his work is also on permanent display at the Crunchyroll HQ in San Francisco. He has worked with a range of clients including British Embassy Tokyo and Muse and Co.
Available for assignments, Johan is especially interested in covering humanitarian and environmental crises.
- Influences exhibition at Anagra Tokyo (Tokyo, JP)
- Published in Influences numero six zine
- Exhibited at Gallery Niepce (Tokyo, JP)
- Interviewed on Phlogger Podcast
- Exhibited at Trieste Photo Days Festival (Trieste, IT)
- Interviewed by Mnngful
- Published in Tales of the Unwritten photobook with honorable mention for Best Author
- Interviewed by Jugaad Magazine
- “End of Olympics 2020” series published by Mnngful
- Exhibited at Tokyo Street Photography Exhibition (Tokyo, JP)
- Permanent display at Crunchyroll HQ (San Francisco, US)
- Exhibited at Terranova House (Tokyo, JP)
- "Fire Corps" series featured in publicity campaign by Kawasaki City (Kanagawa, JP)
- Published in #TokyoSPC zine